The best way to keep varicose veins away is to stay at your ideal weight and moving enough. But, do we really get time to move frequently when we are at work? No, sometimes, we get stuck so much that it becomes impossible to move in regular intervals. For example, if you are a teacher, you can understand how difficult it is to move and walk after every period is over. Sometimes, people take the early symptoms like leg swelling or visible veins casually. They don’t feel it is required to consult a doctor and diagnose it.
In most cases, small or big, treatment is recommended. It is always better to prevent this medical condition. Let us have a look how to shed the pain –
In order to shed the pain, you should avoid
- Wearing high heels
- Standing or sitting for a longer period of time
- Wearing tight clothing that might prevent the blood flow
What to do to prevent the risk of varicose veins:
- Exercise regularly
- Find your time to move around a little
- Do some leg exercise to boost the blood circulation
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- If you are pregnant, make sure you sleep on your left side
- Quit smoking
Now, what to do if you have to sit for hours at work?
- Stretch your ankles
- Pedal your feet
- Elevate your feet and try to put it above the heart level. This will improve blood flow
Important facts to know:
- More than 40million people in the US suffer from varicose veins.
- Varicose veins do not discriminate. Both men and women can experience this medical condition.
- The risk of varicose veins is more in women (55%) than men (45%)
- Though elderly people are more prone to varicose veins, the young generation is also getting affected by this condition
Treat the condition on time:
To get the timely treatment, consulting a doctor at the earliest is important. If not treated on time, it might develop into a chronic condition.
Wear the compression stockings to alleviate the pain. Apart from this, there are also a number of treatment options available depending on the severity of your condition. Endovenous laser ablation therapy is considered to be the best.
Live a healthy lifestyle to prevent pain:
The key to a healthy life is living a healthy lifestyle. Say no to smoking, junk food and spicy food and welcome the healthy eating habits in your life. If you can do so, you would be able to live a pain-free life. Regular yoga can also help you to live a healthy lifestyle.
Do you have queries?
If you have any query regarding varicose veins or other vein issues, feel free to contact us. We would definitely try to solve your issues.